To update! Apple releases iOS 13.5 for all users — 2022
The eternal wait has come to an end. After a batch of betas and some unexpected changes, Apple has officially released the update to iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5. In this article we will tell you about all the new features that it includes as well as the method to carry out the installation. This is, for the moment, thelatest version of iOS for iPhone.
What's new in iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5
This is an update expected by many users, since the user experience with the previous one has not been very good. This is why there are high hopes for iOS 13.5 to solve both bugs and excessive battery consumption by the iPhone or iPad. During the round of betas we have been able to verify that the experience is quite good in this regard.
But in addition to this bug fix, iOS 13.5 includes the much talked about API for developers that seeks to combat COVID-19. With this API it will be possible to develop applications that warn users if they are close to another person. But keep in mind that we are talking about a simple API and not a native application that will be included once the device is updated. Apple and Google have offered the tools and now it is the turn of the health authorities to develop applications that have this purpose of containment and prevention. Although at first we may think that we are facing an interesting API, the truth is that it is not free from discussion, since it is said that it can violate the privacy of users.
In addition to this API and the resolution of the performance bug, many other new features are included that are attached in the notes that accompany this update. These are the following:
- Simplified unlock process for devices with Face ID when wearing a face mask. This could meanface id problems.
- The password field is automatically presented after swiping up from the bottom of the lock screen when wearing a face mask
- Also works when authenticating with the App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes, and other apps that support Face ID sign-in
- Option to control auto-prominence in group FaceTime calls so video tiles don't resize when a participant speaks
- Fixes an issue where users may see a black screen when trying to play videos from some websites
- Fixed an issue in the shared sheet where tips and actions might not load
- are correctedproblems receiving calls on iPhone.
This is tremendously interesting since in these months in which we must wear a mask when going down the street, it becomes difficult to unlock the iPhone. This is why Apple has facilitated unlocking in these cases so that the possibility of entering the unlock code appears.
How to install the update
We always recommend having the most up-to-date devices possible to enjoy all the security patches and their news. In case you decideinstall ios betawithout being a developer, it will probably not work out for you since having the GM does not show this version as they are identical. If this is not your case, you simply have to follow the following steps:
- On iPhone or iPad go to Settings.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- After some loading time, you will be able to download the update.
It may take some time to check for this update depending on how busy the servers are. If this is your case, we recommend you wait a while for them to be less saturated and even restart the device. In any case, you shouldn't have anyfail to update iOSto this version.