Time to update! iOS 12.1.1 is now available for all users — 2022
Apple has not forgotten iOS 12.1.1, although it gave that feeling after spending several weeks without any kind of beta just a few minutes ago the final version has been released for download . Toinstall iOS updateyou just have to follow Settings > General > Software Update , as long as you have a device compatible with the latest version of Apple's operating system. In this article we will tell you all the features that it incorporates as well as how to install it without problems.
Main novelties of iOS 12.1.1
Throughout all the betas that this version of iOS has had, we have been able to get to know and test the novelties of this update that has seen the light today for all users. Among these novelties, the following stand out:
- now you can Capture Live Photos while making a FaceTime call.
- With a single touch you can switch between the front and rear cameras in a FaceTime call.
- Support for Real Time Text when using WiFi Calling on iPad and iPhone.
- Improvements in stability of dictation together with VoiceOver.
- Option to hide News sidebar on iPad.
- Improvements whenset up dictation on iPhone.
- Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily stop working.
- Fixes an issue that prevented the download of mail messages from some servers.
- Fix Chinese or Japanese keyboard issue.
- Fixed an issue with uploading voice memos to iCloud.
- Now the time zones will update automatically.
- The LEDs on the HomePod will now light up while on a group FaceTime call.
Along with these new features, small bugs have also been fixed, which are the following:
News coming to HomePod with iOS 12.1.1
The HomePod also receives new features with this update, among which the following stand out:
we r We strongly recommend updating your devices to this version in order to receive, in addition to these improvements, the relevant security patches. To avoid problems, avoid updating through iPhone Settings and update through iTunes on a Mac or PC.
If you notice that your devices have poor performance, the best thing to do is take the opportunity to clean the device and format it to leave it as if it had just been taken from home and with this latest update that a priori improves the autonomy and performance of all devices, something that we have verified in the betas.