Telegram is updated on iOS with improvements focused on groups — 2022
Telegram wants administrators to have much more power in groups and that is why They have released a new update where they have implemented new content controls in the groups. With this measure they will try to restrict certain types of messages or multimedia content. WhatsApp is undoubtedly the queen of instant messaging applications, but Telegram is in a good position too with millions of users using it daily . With this new update they want to offer various new features claimed by many users and that we hope can reduce the spread of Fake News.
Telegram is updated giving more 'power' to group administrators
As we say, the news of this update can be enjoyed by the administrators of the groups in Telegram. Specifically, the update notes that we find in the App Store are the following:
- Administrators will have the ability to restrict all members of a group send specific content such as images, videos or GIFs.
- Settings Preferences have been simplified greatly being able to promote administrators much more easily or switch between private to public group or vice versa also in a simpler way. In short, the settings are much easier to use.
- Now the limit of participants in a Telegram group passes from 100,000 to 200,000.
Not all the improvements have been focused on the groups, but from Telegram have added other news for all users which are the following:
- possibility of undo the deletion of a chat with a margin of 5 seconds. This will allow us to go back when we have mistakenly deleted a chat or history by mistake.
- Improved search field.
- New animations when uploading or downloading media.
- Improved loading speed when previewing media files.
- New way to share proxy server links through QR codes.
These novelties correspond to the version 5.2 that you can find in the App Store and in the Google Play Store. For us these developments are quite interesting and may prevent the spread of false information. Administrators will now be able to limit the sharing of certain multimedia content, so It will be a very interesting plan against Fake News in these groups that can now accommodate up to 200,000 people.
We hope that Telegram will continue working to incorporate new features like these to offer a better user experience to users. Leave us in the comment box what you think of these new features of version 5.2.