How to delete your iCloud account from your iOS or macOS device — 2022
On certain occasions we have found ourselves in the situation of having to delete our iCloud account linked to one of our devices. In this article We are going to explain the steps you must follow to unlink your iCloud account from an iPhone or a Mac in a simple way, to prevent you from getting lost in numerous endless menus.
How to delete an iCloud account on iOS
If you want to delete an iCloud account from an iOS device, you should keep in mind that you will lose the synchronization of your device with that iCloud account and therefore you risk losing your linked and synced files.
Here are the steps to remove an iCloud account from your iPhone or iPad:
- Access the Settings and enter your iCloud account clicking on your data at the top.
- At the bottom you will find the option Sign off.
- Once you have indicated that you want to close the session, your password from iCloud.
- Once we enter the password we will be given the option to save a backup with our associated data. Among these data we find the information of our calendar, contacts, passwords...
- Whether we choose to backup or skip it, confirmation will be required again to finish unlinking our device from iCloud , which we must accept.
Obviously, this device that has been unlinked from your iCloud account can be linked again to another iCloud account or to the same one.
Delete an iCloud account on Mac
To remove an iCloud account from Mac it's just as simple to do it on an iPhone or iPad. You must follow the following steps.
- Accede to System preferences > iCloud
- Now you have to click on Sign off at the bottom left of the window.
- When clicking on this option, a new dialog box will appear to be able to carry out a backup of some of the Mac data such as Calendar, Reminders... Once we select the data that we want to save, we will click on save a copy and the iCloud account will be unlinked from your Mac.
This will affect all the applications in which you have linked the account. For example, in thecalendar apps for macYou will not be able to see the updated events, nor the photos in the native app. Remember, however, that you can save space in this cloudturning off iCloud photos on an iPhone. This way you may not even need to delete the account.
Did you have any problems while doing this tutorial? If so, leave it in the comments and we will try to help you.