Apple launches beta 3 of iOS 14, iPadOS 14 and other systems — 2022
On June 22, just after its presentation, Apple kicked off the betas of its next operating systems. iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS 11 Big Sur, watchOS 7 Y tvOS 14 They were until now in the second beta for developers, but the third version of these has already been released. We will tell you below everything you need to know about these versions, as well as how to install them on your devices if you wish.
It should be noted that the seconds public betas They could be released in the next few hours or days, since the versions we are talking about are mainly focused on application and service developers.
iOS 14 Beta 3 and iPadOS 14
The iPhone is always Apple's flagship product and its software is not far behind. The next version of iOS 14 has amazed those who have tried the betas, not only because of its new added features, but also because of how tremendously stable these previous versions are proving despite not being official. Something similar happens with iPadOS 14, a very contained version in terms of news but that also brings amazing stability to iPads. At the moment we have been able to investigate little in these third versions for developers, but there are good indications that they will continue along the same path.
Yes you already had beta 2 installed , you just have to go to Settings> General> Software update and proceed to download and then install the third one. This could take several minutes , since in the end there will be many who are updating their devices and Apple's servers are collapsed. In any other case you should checkwhy does it take time to update ios.
If you do not have any beta installed and want to try it, we must warn you about the risks involved . Despite the fact that in general they are very stable versions, as we have already said, they are still beta versions that can lead to certain failures such as unexpected restarts, applications that do not work correctly and even greater battery consumption on the devices. For this reason, we recommend always making a backup being in iOS 13 to be able to restore later if the beta does not convince you. Once you have done so, you can follow these steps to install the developer beta, even if you are not one of these.
- Using the same iPhone or iPad that you are going to install the beta on, go to the web betaprofiles .
- Search iOS 14 The iPadOS 14 .
- Click on the button Download.
- Accept permission to download the developer profile.
- go now to Settings > General > Profile and accept the conditions for the installation of this profile.
- Reboot the iPhone or iPad if required.
- go to Settings > General > Software Update and proceed to download and install iOS 14 beta 3 or iPadOS 14.
New betas also of watchOS 7, macOS 11 and tvOS 14
Both Apple Watch, Mac and Apple TV have also received their corresponding third beta versions for their new software. As in the previous ones, these versions are stable, although their installation on main computers is not recommended. In any case, if you are also determined to test the beta of some of these devices, we will tell you how you can update.
macOS 11 Big Sur Beta 3
If you already had beta 2 installed go to System Preferences > Software Update . If you are on a stable version follow these steps:
- From the Mac itself, open the Safari browser.
- Go to the website betaprofiles.
- Search macOS 11.
- Click on the button Download and the developer profile download will start.
- Now go to the folder where the file has been downloaded and run it.
- now go to System Preferences>Software Update and download the macOS Big Sur Beta 3 update.
watchOS 7 Beta 3
It should be noted that this update has no going back unlike the rest of the devices, so you would have to continue in beta until the final version of watchOS 7 comes out in the fall. If you already had beta 2 you just have to go to Settings > General > Software Update from the clock or from the iPhone app. If you did not have any of this you will have to follow these steps:
- Search watchOS.
- Press the button Download to download the developer profile.
- give the app Watch of the iPhone, install the profile accepting the terms and conditions.
- Without leaving this app, go to General > Software update and you will find the third beta of watchOS 7.
- From Apple TV go to Settings.
- Go to the section General.
- go now to Privacy .
- stand on top of Share Apple TV analytics without tapping.
- Press the Play/Pause button of command.
- Above add profile press the Play/Pause button again.
- Now a text field appears in which you must write (without quotes) https://bit.ly/tvos14″ .
- press on Ready and then in Install.
tvOS 14 Beta 3
This is perhaps the strangest version and the one that attracts the least attention due to its few changes, however it is always interesting to try it despite the fact that it also has risks and the method to eliminate the beta is not easy. If you already had it, you just have to update from Settings > System > Update software . Otherwise, follow these steps:
In general, these versions also bring bug fixes and stability improvements, although it is still a third beta and there are many advances to be made until the final versions. We will see in the following days the hidden news that it could have, such as signs in the code of new devices. Therefore, we recommend that you pay attention to this website if you want to be up to date with this information.