Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2 for all users — 2022
Following the release of the iOS 13.3 beta, Apple has released the new update of iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2, which comes with some minor fixes as we were used to a few weeks ago when we saw updates every week. In this article we analyze all the novelties presented by these new versions of software.
Apple forgets iOS 13.2.1 and releases iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2
In a somewhat strange move by Apple, this afternoon they released the final version of iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2. We say that it is unusual because they have skipped version 13.2.1, which is the one that should be launched right now. We're all wondering why they've done this on social media but it's probably a mystery we'll keep because we doubt Apple will talk about it. As a theory we can decant that they saw a pretty big bug in version 13.2.1 and that's why they decided to delete and start over and move to 13.2.2, but it's a theory of its own.
The novelties included in this new version are the following:
- Solution to a problem that may cause applications to quit unexpectedly when they run in the background.
- Fixes an issue that caused the iPhone to momentarily lose cellular signal after a call.
- Fixes an issue where mobile data may be temporarily unavailable.
- Fixes an issue that caused someiPad turns off by itself even with battery.
- Fixes an issue that caused responses to S/MIME encrypted email messages between Exchange accounts to be garbled.
- Fixed an issue using the Kerberos login service in Safari that could present an authentication request.
- Resolves an issue where charging may be interrupted on accessories with YubiKey Lightning technology.
As we can see, it is an update in which minor problems are solved but can be very annoying. The first that we comment on is the closing of applications in the background, which it is something that is already resolved in the betas of iOS 13.3 but that they have decided to resolve in this version because the truth is that it is quite annoying, especially if you are playing some multimedia content in the background. If you are a person who does not want to have this function, you can alwaysdisable background updates on iPhone.
We definitely recommend installing this version on your iPad and iPhone as soon as possible in Settings> System update. Remember that you can alsoupdate your iPhone without WiFi via mobile data. It is an update that weighs quite little and that is why it will take you very little to download and install.
Leave us in the comment box what you think of the release of iOS 13.2.2.